You're a boy, and I'm a girl
And I don't know what to say to you
We don't date
We don't hate
We're just friends
and I don't know how to do this!
I read a book
I took a look
and how I'm supposed to be with guys I love
But it's not the same
with you & I
We're just friends
Unless I got it wrong again
I wish I knew
what to say
when you don't talk anymore!
Is it just me
Or something else
I'm such a girl
with no success!
Before we met,
I knew just how, I should be with you
I bit of this, a hint of that
It was all so playful!
But now we've seen
It was like a dream
But I got over that
You're still the same
We're still both annoying brats
Is it just me
the paranoia of a female mind
Are we no more
friends of a different kind
I wish I knew
how to talk to you again
Are you afraid
that my feelings have changed.
So let's be clear
At least in poetry and song
I'm just your friend
that's all I've ever wanted all along!
We may have touched
a different part of each other's souls
But that don't mean
that I don't want you in my life anymore!
Poetry, out there, somewhere, sharing the muse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment