Poetry, out there, somewhere, sharing the muse.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Surprises

You were going to surprise me on my birthday
Yeah I read the comment you wrote
On my friends blog
Asking when my birthday was!

Well the day has been and gone
And in our friendship
We've moved on
But still I want you to know
I like surprises!

So surprise me
any day of the week
any month, or any year
It can just be a phone call
Telling me that you are here!
I really don't mind surprises
Especially from you
It's nice to know you're remembering me
While I'm remembering you

It seems that it's always me
Giving you a call
Or writing you an email
Or bothering you at all
I really don't mind that
It's no hardship for me
But still it's nice to know you care
And are thinking still of me!

So when you're old and in your 30's
Just remember you've a friend
Who lives half way around the world
And drives you round the bend
But who always likes to remember
That sometimes you need a call
to be reminded that you're cared
about!
From me to you - that's all

No comments: