Poetry, out there, somewhere, sharing the muse.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Love Poems

a love poem for my teeth
I heard the poet say
and he talked about something beautiful
but ugly got in the way!

Write a love poem for your body
for the parts that you
really don't love
He told his tiny audience
That's a directive sent from above.

I'd like to write a love poem to my body then
To the parts that I really hate
lets start with the area just below my
shoulders, and wander on down from there.

I think we can stop at my knees though,
so is that the area called my torso??
I really don't know how to write anymore
But that's how love poems go!

Should I write how I'd like it to look like
All thin, gaunt & streamlined

Not all bumpy & lumpy
and fatty & plumpy, but
gorgeous & flat
like a sleek jaguar cat!
I'd like to look like a model,
those ones they call heroin chic!
Not sure how the rest of my body would look like
with a physique looking that sleek
a little bit odd, a little bit weird!
I think I might try growing a beard!

Ok, that's the end of the love poem
I really can't write anything more
It's all rather funny to be writing this much
About a body I'm not even sure
how I feel about, not writing more!

I'm going to work on changing the body though
not through writing a love poem on it!
Going to go to the gym, stay away from the sin
that is chocolate & pastries & more!
At least that's the plan in my head now
I don't know, will it come to fruition
Will see if it does
If not
there is always
another love poem
to write

No comments: